There are clinical studies that supports the medicinal effects of CBD oil, minus the high of THC. And it has been around on the mainstream. What’s the fuss? Everybody was talking about it.
CBD or cannabidiol, is a cannabinoid compound that is derived from cannabis plants such as hemp and marijuana. Both plants contains CBD and THC. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) like CBD is a cannabinoid compound, it is known for it’s psychoactive effect. The main difference between the two is the levels of THC. Marijuana contains high levels of THC, while hemp contains low levels of THC. CBD is non-psychoactive (non-intoxicating), but has physiological effects as well.
Cannabis has been used for centuries throughout the world to alleviate symptoms of a disease. During this time, with the increasing body of research, promising results were supported based on clinical studies. The therapeutic effects of CBD is beneficial for managing chronic pain, anxiety, and insomnia. Another health benefit of CBD is it’s natural anti-inflammatory abilities. It can tame inflammatory symptoms on cancer, heart disease, autoimmune disorder, diabetes, digestive issues, and hormonal problems.
In today’s modern world, the main ingredient on a whole range of products is CBD. It has now become a trend. It is used in topical products for pain relieving properties, beauty products such as serum to improve skin, and as an ingredient to pump up mascara’s lash thickening power.
Because CBD oil is gaining popularity in modern society, due to it’s association with marijuana, there are issues on how it should be regulated. Although CBD is legal in numerous states, measures to legalize the hemp-derived CBD on a federal level had taken place. As a consumer, the responsibility is on us to know what we are buying and how it is sourced. Whether the CBD is derived from hemp or marijuana. With the growing number of CBD oils on the market, a third-party testing for quality and potency must be mindfully considered.
Based from a study, cannabis may improve a variety of cancer-related symptoms, including nausea and vomiting, pain, anxiety, insomnia, and depression. The therapeutic benefits of cannabis showed desirable effects in enhancing the life of patients with cancer. By understanding what reaction it could bring to our body, it will save us from improper use of this product. This should be done as a complement to conventional treatment being received, definitely with the approval of your doctor.
- Role of the Cannabinoid System in Pain Control and Therapeutic Implications for the Management of Acute and Chronic Pain Episodes – National Center for Biotechnology Information https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2430692/
- Congress May Soon Make CBD from Hemp Legal – Medscape https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/898722
- As CBD Oil Flirts with Mainstream, Questions Mount – Medscape https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/897915
- Medical Marijuana Use in Older Adults – Medscape https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/897339
- For Cancer, Cannabis Has Many Virtues, Says Large Study – Medscape https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/894100
- 8 CBD Products You Need to Try – Even if You’re a Skeptic – WellandGood.com https://www.wellandgood.com/good-advice/best-cbd-products/
- Have You Heard of the Endocannabinoid System? It Rules Your Anxiety, Headaches and Pain – MindBodyGreen https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/this-bodily-system-is-responsible-for-anxiety-headaches-seizures